Another installment of Barbie knits

This space has been quiet lately and I think it's because my knitting mojo is back in full swing.  You've gotta love fall as a knitter.  I've been churning projects off of the needles, taking some (occasionally lousy) pictures and then knitting something else.  Sometimes I even spend a full day or two agonizing about what I will knit next.  But today I'm taking a break in the agonizing to post some pictures of recent Barbie knits.  I think this may be my last Barbie knit post for some time...I think.

First up is a collared shirt.  Pattern #0133 on stickatillbarbie.se
I stitched the collar down with a little thread because it really wanted to roll back up.


more Barbie knits

These pictures are pretty grainy since it was such a dreary day.  I managed to comb out the knots in (Hispanic Presidential Candidate) Barbie's hair the day before this photo session.  Then Henry promptly used her to drum on the walls so she is a disaster again.  I'm not redoing that hair until I absolutely have to.

For the ruffle skirt I used pattern #1005 pink dress (on stickatillbarbie.se) to learn how to do the ruffle and then made it into a skirt when I got to the waistband. 

more Barbie knits


I'm particularly proud of this jumpsuit knit.  I made up the pattern for this myself.  I knit it in the round from the bottom up and had up to seven needles going at once to join the two legs together, but the pattern is completely seamless!  (I get excited about the small things.)

more Barbie knits


This cape may be the most and least necessary accessory at the same time.  Does Barbie really need a cape knit in Madelintosh yarn leftovers?  No.  But, will my creative Barbie-playing friend be able to do some cool pretend play with a hooded cape on her Barbie?  Yes.  Decidedly yes.

more Barbie knits

Cape is pattern #1022 on stickatillbarbie.se

Now I have to sort through the rest of my knitting photos to decide what I should share here next...
And then I have to finish the cutest little Halloween treat bag in the universe! Stay tuned.

5 comments:

Tamie said...

I am not a knitter (afraid to start a new hobby) but these Barbie clothes are amazing... They bring a smile to my face and wish I had such a cool wardrobe.

Gina said...

That cape is the BEST!

Jackie's Stitches said...

Is the sweater in the top photo knit in the round? I glance at the directions and it really didn't seem to say. I've been eyeing these patterns and I think I've been inspired to knit a couple of things for my niece for Christmas! Thank you for that!

Anonymous said...

you continue to blow my mind with your barbie clothes knitting!!
you *designed* that jumpsuit?!?!? you're completely amazing my dear!!
(and yes, i'd say your (very lucky) barbie loving friend will definitely enjoy the cape!)
you're the best!!!
-melissa

Unknown said...

These are adorable. I would live to be such a talented knitter!

Post a Comment

You are awesome! Thanks for leaving a comment :)